Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Touched

No, I'm not loco. Nor am I feeling heart warmed. Nope, my "touched," is that I'm now handling "touches" events on the iPhone. Yes, yes, 27 days into it and I'm just now getting to that. Well, I wanted to figure out a bunch of others things, and still plenty more to learn, but right now I am at the point where most of my iPhone figuring out is done, that is what I need to do on the machine, load data (read from Bundle), save data (NSUserDefaults), bridging Objective-C with C++, setting up Opengl, landscape mode and translating my coords, and whatever else I can't think of now.

So, now I am handling the "touches," and it is very simple. The iPhone SDK is deliciously simple, once you figure out how the UIWindow, and UIViews work together. The handling of the "touches," is a very simple message,

-(void) touchesBegin: (NSSet*) touches withEvent : (UIEvent*) event
{
CGPoint screenLocation = [[touches anyObject] locationInView:self];
}

That's it! Do whatchalike with screenLocation point.

Well, in 11 or so more hours we will be into a new year. Overall, I am more than pleased with this year that is about to pass. I have plenty to be thankful for. I'm really excited about the year ahead, because I am pumped...("already I'm hyped, 'cause I'm amped!")...oh, oh, went old school on you there, but I'm very excited about my real j-o-b-ski and my side project.

So, I wish you all a very happy new year! Stay safe, stay calm, stay strong, stay grateful.

And, I have to make an endorsement, if you haven't seen the movie, "Slumdog Millionaire," check it out!

Signing off, Rod ji, iPhone walla. :)

1 comment:

Gyuri said...

I'm sure that syntax will make sense to me eventually....