Thursday, January 1, 2009

Digital Love

Well, the collision detection is working, thus the digital (work with me people...digital, finger, tapping, touches on the screen) love. My game will only deal with single touches so I will not enable the multi-touch capabilities in the release mode, but for debugging it is nice, I can tap the screen with two up to five fingers to do some mode I wish to toggle on and off.

I am really pleased with the iPhone and its capabilities for such a small machine, and non of the unofficial documents that I had to go through when hacking the DS, and not to mention the opportunity to get something out into the App Store. Really, I'm not focusing on that. I'm focusing on completing a quality, fun, little game.

Also, a very, very close friend of mine, Nick Davis, will be doing the artwork for me. He's a very good artist, but has never done anything for video games, so I'm telling him about sprites and he's learning how to create them. He's already mocked up some conceptual drawings for me and I'm more than excited about our game.

Tonight I'm going to treat myself, and knock off early. I've been burning the midnight oil way past midnight for like three weeks, and I think after my successes this week, well, I'm feeling a bit pleased with my progress. So, I'm gonna grab a Klondike and go watch one of the bowl games on TV.

Happy New Year again everyone!

No comments: