Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Double Barrell Blast

Whoohoo! I solved two problems today (one at work, and my math problem here at home). Work was fixing a VMWare upgrade issue. APIs should not change behavior in upgrades...that's all I'm going to say about that. I discovered what the problem was and fixed it. On the home front I was doing something stupid with the dot product. I was feeding it the wrong vectors. Problem solved.

Now, I have a new problem. I've been working on this main mechanics of my game since Saturday, its much, much better, but still not quite right. Sheesh...I don't want to waste a lot of time on this, I still have lots to do. If I get into specifics, then the game is revealed and I'm not going to do that for a while. So, I will battle it out, mono y mono.

Just wanted to celebrate that yesterdays problems were solved and now onto the next.

And, I just want to say, "Get well Steve Jobs." I have always loved and used this quote of his since I heard it in the early 80's (in fact it is engraved on the back of my iTouch)...

"the journey is the reward."

No comments: