Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Baggage Claim

The plane has touched down and I've made my dash to grab the translation manual (see previous post for reference). I realized that I personally need a better foundation before I will understand Cocoa. I am now going to read the Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language documentation. Others who are new to Cocoa & Objective-C might be able to understand Cocoa first before understanding Objective-C, but for me I need to be grounded in the actual coding language. To me its like learning Swahili, Spanish, or French, and being shown sentences, before learning the words. I'm going to go learn the alphabet first, then the words, and then I'll be able to construct sentences much more easily, and not only that, know WTF I'm saying.

So, off to...ahhh...I'm going to bed now...I'll start that tomorrow evening. Buhh-bye!

Oh yeah...I've provided a key now,for the Task/Status since some folks may not have read the earlier posts.

(Dude...did you say, "some folks," son... let me, let YOU, in on a little secret. NO ONE has read your earlier posts, no one cares what YOU have to say. How many comments have you read?...Well, there were 2 last year, and 1 just recently...how Gyuri even stumbled onto your *little* blog I don't even know.)

Key (red = task completed, green = in progress, black = not started)
Tasks/Status

1) Learn the iPhone Tech
* Download/install iPhone SDK
* Upgrade Mac OS $130
* Join iPhone Dev $99
* Read iPhone Docs/Samples
** iPhone OS Technology Overview
** Cocoa Fundamentals Guide
** iPhone Application Programming Guide
** iPhone Human Interface Guidelines
** iPhone Development Guide
** The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language
** Write little test programs to learn the iPhone Capabilities (memory allocation, file I/O, iPhone audio, WiFi, graphics, etc...) - by Dec. 15th

2) Test my game concepts out on the iPhone
3) Build tool(s) if needed
4) Solidify Game Design
5) Architect the game code
6) Develop game w/ scratch art
7) Drop in real assets
8) Test/Debug
9) Ship It

1 comment:

Gyuri said...

I've reached a state of omnipresence and I know about everything happening on the interwebs!

I admire your dedication though... Lately in the evenings I've ended up watching TV instead of working on my port.