Monday, December 22, 2008

Errata

I was just looking at my post, from early, early, this morning. And, something worked and I don't even know why. In the last post I had...

// testing in new C++ casting works in mixed Obj-C/C++
float fTest = 9.0f;
int nTest = static_cast(fTest); // it does
printf("nTest = %d\n", nTest);

Notice I have "static_cast(fTest);" some how that passed the compiler and linker, and still worked. What I wanted to do is see if new cast-ing worked in Obj-C, i.e.,

int Test = static_cast(fTest); // which it does.

So, that corrects, that.

Back to my day job (currently upgrading to VMWorkstation 6.5 and adding new comm communication, VMCI, to our Comm factory. Now, we can communicate via, straight sockets, Boost Asio sockets, and VMCI. Coding to interfaces make things very, very easy).

No comments: