Saturday, December 6, 2008

iPhone Dev. Step 1

Okay, so "it begins." First things first, I've mapped out a temporary task/schedule list, that I've broken out into 9 key steps. Each step I will later redefine into even smaller tasks that I can easily track down to hourly tasks. I start out high, and then zero down. The following are the 9 high level steps.

1) Learn the iPhone Tech
2) Test my game concepts out on the iPhone
3) Build tool(s) if needed
4) Solidify Game Design
5) Architect the game code
6) Develop game w/ scratch art
7) Drop in real assets
8) Test/Debug
9) Ship It

So, breaking step 1, into some smaller tasks...

Learn the iPhone Tech

* Download/install iPhone SDK
* Upgrade Mac OS $130
* Join iPhone Dev $99
* Read iPhone Docs/Samples
* Write little test programs to learn the iPhone Capabilities (memory allocation, file I/O, iPhone audio, WiFi, graphics, etc...)

These are my step 1 tasks, and as I go along I will try to give updates of what I'm working on and what has been accomplished. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Gyuri said...

Hi Rod,
Haven't talked in a LONG time! Good to see you doing some iPhone dev -- I am looking at porting some touchscreen games to Android and iPhone. I'm starting with Android though since Java seems easier to port to than Objective C. I'll keep reading here though to see how it goes ;-)