Monday, December 8, 2008

Huhh...What?

Okay...right after work I went to the Apple Store in Bethesda, Md. and purchased the Mac OS X/Leopard, it is currently chugging away on my Mac Book Pro, installing itself. I'm spending my time continuing reading Cocoa/Objective-C and I must admit I'm bouncing around in my seat, hanging on for dear life, as I experience a bit of turbulence.

The Cocoa Fundamentals Guide is starting out to me at a very high altitude, "this is your captain speaking, we're experiencing a bit of turbulence, I'm turning the seat belt sign on...." I will continue pushing through, and hope that when I pay my $99 for the iPhone Developer Program that the Objective-C Primer I see listed will start with us boarding the plane. Hell, I'm flying high in coach, and I didn't even get stripped searched, pushed through the metal detector, thrown in that glass case and had that puff of air up my ass. What? You haven't experienced that at the airport check-in, must be because I'm a Black man! :)

I'll sit back and watch this foreign movie without the subtitles and see if I can make something out of it. As soon as this plane lands I'm hoping off, and grabbing a translation manual.

I'll pony up the $99 as soon as the Mac OS X upgrade finishes loading, and that will open the ivory tower up to me, and allow me to read the sacred tombs.

Tasks/Status

1) Learn the iPhone Tech
* Download/install iPhone SDK
* Upgrade Mac OS $130
* Join iPhone Dev $99
* Read iPhone Docs/Samples
** iPhone OS Technology Overview
** Cocoa Fundamentals Guide
** iPhone Application Programming Guide
** iPhone Human Interface Guidelines
** iPhone Development Guide
** The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language
** Write little test programs to learn the iPhone Capabilities (memory allocation, file I/O, iPhone audio, WiFi, graphics, etc...) - by Dec. 15th

2) Test my game concepts out on the iPhone
3) Build tool(s) if needed
4) Solidify Game Design
5) Architect the game code
6) Develop game w/ scratch art
7) Drop in real assets
8) Test/Debug
9) Ship It

No comments: