Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I believe, I believe, I believe

Hey,hey,hey, I'm a believer...

After reading through the first parts of Objective-C, I can say that I'm a believer. When I initially saw some source code of Objective-C a few years ago, I quickly turned away from it. Even when I started thinking about doing this game for the iPhone, I figured, "well I will just do the necessary Objective-C/Cocoa stuff to get the thing running, and then wrap C++ code into Objective-C wrappers."

Well, reading through the documentation, my eyes have been opened, and I'm no longer a xenophobe. I know, I know, I haven't finished reading all the way through the doc, but I already know that I will be doing the game completely in Objective-C, and making judicious use of the Dot syntax as opposed to the square brackets [] to invoke the accessor methods, for those not familiar with Objective-C, but have seen it, the dot syntax allows you to replace the square brackets [] you see everywhere, with a dot syntax...a short cut to do the same thing, and is just a bit more appealing, and comfortable to my C/C++ eyes.


I am not going to evangelize (be like those folks, who go to church for the first time in their life, and then come out on fire trying to convert everyone they see), nope...just wanted to post that my fears of Objective-C are gone.

Hallelujah! Brother can I interest you in this pamphlet...haa haa...just kiddin'.

No comments: