Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still Reading...

I'm half-way through the Programming in Objective-C, and ahhh...I must say this is much better. I understand the language now and how it works. The Apple Docs were flying way to high for me. Now, I will be able to return to them later when I use as a reference and understand what is what.

I found a blog, too tired right now to remember the name of the blog, but the guy had done a daily blog of his experience at "iPhone Boot Camp," (you can "google," it and find). The camp is a 5 day/6 hour intensive hands-on retreat to learn every feature on the iPhone and how to program it. The camps are located in Atlanta,GA, Germany, and Italy. The camp cost is like $4500 for course, lodging, and food (airfare not included). The camp sounds great, but first I don't have $4500 to spend to go there, second I have deadlines at work, and third the iPhone sessions are all booked up until late next year, which is about *when* my game will be in the Apple Store (dude if you can't say it, then you don't believe it, and if you don't believe it, you won't achieve it..."I believe I can fly...").

So, what I did do is go to the iPhone Boot Camp site and printed off everything they cover, and printed out what the guy said he did daily at the camp, and I will mix in the things I need to learn to fit what I'm doing...I already have on my white board in my home office, the things I need to learn, but it is still good to compare to a course too. The intensive hands-on camp sounds great, and wish I could go, but I know me, if I did go to it, I would still have to come home and re-read it all, because that sounds way too fast for me to really grasp it.

Anyway, I'll do a bit more reading and then turn in for the night.

No comments: