Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Late Start

Okay...I'm sitting down to read the Objective-C 2.0 doc, and the iPhone SDK is downloading. Getting a late start tonight, because I was helping my youngest son, prepare for his Algebra quiz tomorrow. I showed him how to transform a word problem into a linear equation, If Bob sells 200 items at a commission of 70%, and his weekly earnings is $1500, what is Bob's base salary?

I've ordered my FREE iTouch from the Apple Store using my American Express bonus points so it should be here by the end of the week (we'll see...the FedEx tracker said it was being shipped from Shanghai).

Going to read...oh by the way, if any of you have forgotten how to solve those algebra word problems via linear equation, it is...

1500 = 200 * .70 + base
1500 = 140 + base
1500 - 140 = base
1360 = base

Cya or Objective - Cya next posting.

No comments: