Monday, February 2, 2009

Ground Hog Day

I peered out of my hole, saw my shadow, and have crawled back in...this means a few more months of work still needed before my dream is a reality.

I have completed the animation work. I am using texture, sprite sheet, pages...multiple textures, embedded in one large texture. Instead of loading and having to bind multiple textures for animations, I load one large texture, and calculate the texture coordinates based on the animation frame count, and use the texture matrix to shift to the image I desire in the texture. This saves on the load time, and also on the binding of textures when I go to render.

I will now began coding up the graphic effects I would like to have in the game. I will be researching "procedural," textures. For those who do not know what "procedural," textures are, they are textures generated from mathematical calculations. So, instead of using a canned image, I will generate the image via math.

So, that's the update. Until next time, I'm back in my hole, working away.

No comments: