Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Hot Cocoa

As my boys plow down the slopes on their snowboards, I sit (uncomfortably) in the ski lodge, at a counter coding away on the sprite animation viewing tool, that I'm preparing for my artist to use. Using Cocoa I managed to get the OpenGL viewer, NSSlider (to allow him to step frame by frame), NSMatrix for the slider, NSTableView for the image files selection list, two NSButtons for start and stopping of the anims, and a couple of text entry fields, laid out, and the beginnings of the tool, completed.

I still have to connect some of the objects together so that the IBOutlets, and IBActions are tied together. So, I'm hoping that I will be way finished before my trip up to NYC on the train this coming Saturday.

This Cocoa, deep hands-on, learning is good (as mentioned before) because I'm learning things that I will be able to translate to the iPhone as well.

I'm tired of sitting here in this lodge and can't wait to get in the car, so we can get home!

Oh yeah, the Oscars are tomorrow...GO SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE GO!!

"Computer-gi, movie, wallah, tell me who is the best picture?"
answer: Slumdog Millionaire
"Is that your final answer?"
answer: You're damn skippy!

No comments: