Thursday, February 5, 2009

Biting The Bullet

Arrrgghhh!!

I'm going to bite the bullet. I'm going to go on an purchase a Mac Mini. I'm tired of looking at the messed up colors of the PPC iPhone Simulator, and now trying to hack the "codesign," file. I've wasted 2.5 hours with this back door approach. First, I don't know Perl, so I have no idea what the script by someone, that goes by the name of, Tiku, provided on a forum last year. Second, I can't modify the "codesign," file anyway. The permissions locked me out. I've tried "chmod" -ing the permissions, but no go. Also, my Unix knowledge evaporated 20 years ago. So, if there is a way to change the permissions, so that I can modify the "codesign," file I wouldn't know.

I avoided upgrading to the latest iPhone SDK in fear that it would shut down my ability to develop on the PPC. Sheesh...it is a shame, outrage, mockery, and just plain, greedy on Apples part, to make you have to develop on an Intel Mac, when it is obvious that you don't have to.

Oh well, really Rod, what the hell are you gripping about, do you know what the development cost is if you were to try to develop on a PSP? So, shut your trap and get the damn Mac Mini.

The time has come to just pony up the bucks (Steve Job's you win) and get the Mac Mini so that I can code in comfort, and yes, have that warm and fuzzy, "I'm no longer a sinner," feeling. "Come brother, come into the light." (Congregation chimes in, "Praise the Lord.") :)

Now, I just hope there will not be any problem getting my codesign certificate, and keys onto the Mac Mini...now their shouldn't be since it is a provisional license, and the iTouch has a unique ID. We'll see, stay tuned...

No comments: