Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What's Next?

Some have asked for the source, so I will clean it up and some how get a link on this blog for you to grab it, or just email it to those that have asked. I'll will try to get it up before Friday.

Before, I do the object placing in the world, scrolling, and removing/restoring object when visible, I will work on determining where I am in my defined tile map world. I will move a sprite around in my world, and find out the tile entry it is on. By knowing this, I can then define tiles in my world that are, passable, setting boundaries in my tile maps, and thus the beginnings of a simple tile level editor.

I will once again set a time frame for myself for figuring this out. For the scrolling, I gave myself 3 weeks and got it done in 2 weeks (actual time worked on it was approx. 40 hours).

Till next time...

No comments: