Friday, January 18, 2008

"In the midnight hour..."

"she cried more, more, more
with a rebel yell.."


Oh...we're on...broadcasting...

Hey there!

Just coming to you with a midnight update. I tried my scheme out on the DS just for a vertical, down scroll. I just wanted to see if what I was thinking was correct and whoohooo, it is. Hmmmn...it's not going to be a piece cake coding the DS without the source in the debugger, but I guess I'll have to manage, I don't have $1K to plunk down for the source level debugger for NO$GBA, but if anyone wants to, help a brother out, I'll be glad to put your donations to valuable DS programming use. However, I do love the fact that the NO$GBA debugger allows me to see all the memory areas of the DS, live and in living color. So, I guess I'll manage and will learn the arm7/9 assembly language too. Note: I am coding in C/C++, but the debugger only shows assembly code.

Anyway, the scheme works! There were some minor adjustments to my calculations, like the RegionSize should be 32*8, and not 32, since we're dealing with screen, pixel coordinates, not tile sizes.

I will try and code up the rest this weekend and get back to you with the...yes, yes, diagrams, and the code to do it.

"Owwww...in the midnight hour babe...

No comments: