Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Late Breaking News...

*TO MUCH INFO FOLLOWS*

Sitting in the bathroom, looking at the tiles on my bathroom wall an idea came to me on how to do the tiling algorithm. I've done an initial test on graph paper and it seems to work and seems to be less computationally intensive then my original idea, and also seems like it may be faster as well.

Since I haven't seen any other examples online of background/tile scrolling, I don't know if this approach is one that is already used. In all things I do, I never believe that I am the only one with the idea. The universe is vast and mysterious and I personally believe that ideas float about and some of us, antennae pick up certain signals, then most ignore, some act, and a few finish. If it is a world changing idea, like Calculus, Relativity, or chemically made soft cookies, then the number of few finishing becomes very minuscule. So, the ratio of ideas to finish is, BIG IDEA, VERY FEW WILL PRODUCE...medium ideas, handful will produce...very general ideas, good number will copy. :)

Anyway, just wanted to break in with the late breaking update, that I might be onto something with my scroll algorithm and faster than I thought. We'll see...I will try it out and then post to blog, along with the drawing and explanation I promised from my last post.

This has been an "ahhhh haaa," announcement.

No comments: